22 acre CPA land recovered
A CPA team led by its Magistrate Mohammad Munir Chowdhury demolished structures with assistance of police and Ansars and took possession of the lands.
After recovery, the CPA authorities erected barbed-wire fencing around the lands and deployed a 50-member Ansar team for their protection from encroachers.
According to CPA sources, the lands were acquired through the then Deputy Commissioner of Chittagong in 1953-54 for development and expansion of Chittagong port. In 1960, the lands were officially transferred to the then Chittagong Port Trust (present CPA) and all records updated but those were not physically handed over, CPA sources claimed. The railway had so far been leasing the lands to different parties.
Comments