Diarrhoea kills 2 more in Lalmonirhat, 300 sick in Mymensingh, Satkhira
A Lalmonirhat correspondent reported that Azad Rahman died at Dhabol Suti village in Patgram upazila on Sunday and his wife Asma Begum died the following morning.
Their one year-old son Selim and three year-old daughter Ayesa are now at the Patgram upazila health complex with diarrhoea.
With the two deaths, the unofficial toll rose to eight in the last ten days. Officials however confirmed five deaths from the disease.
Official sources said 26 people have been admitted to the Sadar Hospital and at Hatibandha, Aditmari and Patgram health complexes.
Patients alleged that they were not getting saline at hospitals. But Patgram Thana Health and Family Planning Officer Jobon Krishjno Ghosh said there was enough stock of saline at the Patgram health complex.
Our Mymensingh Correspondent reported that 152 diarrhoea patients have been admitted at SK Hospital, a mission hospital.
Dr Md Abdul Kader, medical officer- in-charge, told this correspondent that supply of intravenous (IV) saline at the hospital was inadequate.
One hundred twenty bags of saline are needed daily whereas 70 bags are supplied.
He said rush of patients increased in recent days as the disease spread in different upazila.
According to sources at the Civil Surgeon's office, 8,562 people were attacked with diarrrhoea in August and another 8, 600 last month. The office has no figure on how many persons have so far been attacked this month.
Civil Surgeon Dr Md Mahmeed Hossain said 152 medical teams are working in the district.
Our Satkhira Correspondent reported that over 150 people have been attacked with diarrhoea and other intestinal diseases in flood-affected areas of the district.
The affected villages are Khanpara, Kashiadanga, Sardarpara, Kamarpara, Jugikhali, Khetrapara, Dashiadanga, Malopara, Karikarpara, Gazipara in Deara Jugikhali, Joynagar and Jalabad unions in Kalaroa upazila, where crisis of food and drinking water is prevailing.
Comments