Alleged bribing for bail in Nilphamari

Bar calls off strike after 7 judge court employees suspended

Our Correspondent, Nilphamari
The Nilphamari District Bar Association called off its court boycott on Thursday after the District and Sessions Judge suspended seven court employees for alleged bribe-taking promising bail and involvement in a clash on the court compound.

The file of another accusedCourt Administrative Officer Sultanuddin Ahamedhas been sent to the High Court for action, court sources said.

The seven are Akbar Ali, Serestader, Md Roknuzzaman, Bench Clerk; Md Shaheen, Nazeer; Md Selim, copy section employee ; and peons Md Saiful Islam, Md Samsul Islam, and Md Mofiz.

Judge Rabiul Hasan took the departmental action following a probe report by a one-man body headed by Joint District Judge Khandaker Hassan Mohammad Feroj.

The Bar started the indefinite court boycott on November 1 after a lawyer's assistantTobarak Ali died earlier on the day from injuries in the clash that involved some lawyers, their assistants and court employees.

The clash ensued from allege bribe-taking by some employees of the judge court.

Court sources claimed that three court employeesSaiful, Samsul and Molizar had taken Tk 20,000 from one Emdadul, promising bail for his brother Mizajur Rahman, accused in a case under the Women and Children Repression Act.

As Mizanur did not get bail, Emdadul, accompanied by some persons, came to the court compound and demanded return of the money.

It was alleged that some court employees took them to a room and beat, ensuing a clash involving a section of lawyers, their assistants and court employees.

After the clash the Bar filed a case accusing eight persons including the court administrative officer.

Sources said the Bar will continue boycotting the court of Additional Session's Judge Mokhlesur Rahman. The Bar is demanding his transfer. He is now attending a training session in Dhaka.